LeKeyia D. Reid, Esq
Attorney and Founder
LeKeyia D. Reid received her Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice from Georgia State University and completed her legal studies at Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School. Prior to receiving her Juris Doctorate from John Marshall Law School, LeKeyia worked as a Paralegal/Law Clerk for eight years focusing on Personal Injury and Criminal Defense.
Immediately after passing the Georgia Bar, LeKeyia decided to hang her own shingle and founded the Law Offices of LeKeyia D. Reid, P.C. practicing in the areas of criminal law, family law, personal injury, and workers’ compensation. Shortly thereafter LeKeyia entered into a partnership. During that partnership, LeKeyia was the managing partner and practicing litigator for 6 years, narrowing her focus to personal injury and criminal defense.
In 2014, LeKeyia was asked to take a contract with the Georgia Public Defender’s Standard Council (“GPDSC”) as a conflict defender. Under this contract, LeKeyia represented nearly 200 indigent criminal defendants in the Alcovy Judicial Circuit. Understanding that everyone has a right to good counsel, LeKeyia zealously advocated for individuals charged with crimes that ranged from simple misdemeanors to major felonies such as murder. In 6 years of practice the firm only lost one case that was taken to trial.
In 2019, LeKeyia decided to branch out on her own and opened her current firm….Reid Law Group, P.C. The firm’s primary focus is Personal Injury.
LeKeyia is not only a leader in courtroom but is also a leader and advocate in her community. LeKeyia serves as the current Chairperson for the Board of Directors for Washington Street Community Center, a non-profit organization, and a Trustee on the Board of Directors for Springfield Baptist Church. She also serves on the Executive Committee for the Georgia Trial Lawyer’s Association (“GTLA”) as the Co-Chair for the Minority Caucus.
Hard work never goes unnoticed…as a result, LeKeyia has been selected by her peers as a Rising Star every year since 2019 for her superb representation of plaintiffs involved in a personal injury matter. The Rising Star’s list recognizes no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in each state.
- B.S. in Criminal Justice-Georgia State University
- J.D. –John Marshall Law School
- 2018 Scholarship Recipient and Graduate of Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program
- 2021-2022 Leadership Education & Advanced Direction (LEAD) Program for GTLA
Bar Admissions and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court of Georgia-Northern District
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Newton County Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (GTLA)
- New Rock Legal Society
- President of Washington Street Community Center’s Board of Directors
- Trustee-Springfield Baptist Church’s Board of Directors
- Regional Coordinator for Georgia High School Moot Court Competition (past)
- Kiwanis International (past)